Decree on Child Protection
All people who intend to work or volunteer in any of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati’s parishes, schools, or institutions, must attend the VIRTUS® Child Awareness Session for the Decree on Child Protection before being approved to work with children. All school staff and volunteers are required to have a background check.
Below is the latest revision, effective July 1, 2018, of the Decree on Child Protection. Anyone having contact with children as an Archdiocesan employee or volunteer must be trained in the Decree. All other Catholics of the Archdiocese are urged to be familiar with its contents as well.
Become a “VIRTUS® Volunteer” by completing the following requirements:
- Register on line at www.virtus.org
- Choose the green First Time Registrant box
- Watch the brief tutorial of the registration process
- Select and attend a one time live VIRTUS® training session
- Complete a background check with selection.com from within your VIRTUS® account. (Instructions)
- Remain complaint by reading the required monthly VIRTUS® Bulletins that are posted on or about the first Sunday of each calendar month.
If you or someone you know has been abused at any time by an agent of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati (priest, deacon, employee or volunteer), the Archdiocese urges you to report the abuse to the Coordinator of Ministry to Survivors of Abuse, formally known as Victims’ Assistance Coordinator, of the Archdiocese at 513-263-6623 or 1-800-686-2724 ext. 6623 as well as to the secular legal authorities.
Our school complies with the Decree on Child Protection as promulgated by the Archbishop of Cincinnati.