The Altar Server has a critical role in support of the priest and deacon at Mass and at other liturgical celebrations. In our parish, altar servers include parishioners of all ages, both young people and adults. The parish provides training for all those who are called to serve God and His People in this important liturgical function.
Purpose: To minister at God’s altar with reverence, dignity, and love.
- Responsibilities: Assist the Presider at Mass; help direct less experienced servers.
- Helpful Attributes: Punctuality and attention to details.
- Time Commitment: Must arrive 30 minutes before Mass and serve the duration of the Mass.
- Meetings: Periodically, as announced.
- Training: Provided by Ministry
- Fingerprinting Required: Yes