Decree on Child Protection
The Archdiocese of Cincinnati Decree on Child Protection requires all employees and adult volunteers over 18 who work with children to complete a background check, complete the online SafeParish™ training and keep current on all SafeParish™ online training updates. You must create a SafeParish™ training account at https://www.aocsafeenvironment.org/.
CLICK HERE for more detailed directions and the passcode for registration.
You must be compliant to enter the school to volunteer, have lunch with your child, help in the classroom, cafeteria, playground, etc. Compliance means:
- Volunteers must be registered with SafeParish
- Volunteers must complete the SafeParish edition of Protecting Children from Sexual Abuse training session (on-line)
- Volunteers must stay current in completing their interactive video-based SafeParish™ quarterly bulletins on Child Protection
- Volunteers must complete the electronic/online background check through SELECTION.com prior to beginning their volunteer activity
- Volunteers must read and acknowledge the Child Protection Decree
- Enter the school through the main entrance.
- Sign in and get your SafeParish name badge out of the blue index box at the front desk.
- At the end of your visit, please return the badge to the front desk for the next time you volunteer.
You may contact Cardinal Pacelli School coordinator at email@example.com or contact the school office at 321-1048 for additional information on SafeParish™. Additional information regarding the Archdiocese of Cincinnati Safe Environment program can be found at https://catholicaoc.org/offices/safe-environment.
If you or someone you know has been abused at any time by an agent of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati (priest, deacon, employee or volunteer), the Archdiocese urges you to report the abuse to the Archdiocese Report Misconduct Page as well as to the secular legal authorities.