The Gospel mandate to feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, and welcome the stranger inspires the caring volunteers of the Wildwood Soup Kitchen. The kitchen serves the poor, the hungry, and the lonely by providing healthy, nutritious and appetizing meals to all who come to them. They also deliver meals to shut-ins and others who are unable to travel. Every person who asks for assistance is welcomed without regard to race, age, color, gender, national origin, religious preference, handicap or income. This is truly an ecumenical ministry, staffed by nearly 150 volunteers from over 30 churches in the Wildwood area.
Purpose: Provide nutritious and appetizing meals to all who come to the soup kitchen.
- Responsibilities: Assist in preparing meals and delivering them to shut-ins and others who are unable to travel.
- Helpful Attributes: Food preparation experience; driver’s license (if transporting food).
- Time Commitment: Varies with commitment
- Training Required: Provided by Wildwood Soup Kitchen
- Fingerprinting Required: No